Syderal, a Swiss SME, is a national leader in hardware and software electronic solutions for satellites. A recognised name in the electronic equipment industry, we serve diverse application requirements (including medical devices, defence and security applications, tests instrumentation) and deliver customised services to meet our clients’ needs.
- Created in 1942, under the name of CIR-Compagnie Industrielle Radioélectrique, the company began with electronics for ground defence systems as well as a ground station for the AVHRR satellite operated by the NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration). CIR also produced numerous synchronisation sub-systems for launch pads and ground receiving stations at the time.
- Between 1989 and 1992, the company made its foray into space electronics for the Anthrorack experiment (Spacelab mission), as part of the ACMV (OMNI Group).
- In 1993, the company joined the Sextant Avionique Group and could now deliver fully-validated equipment—the first one being the video electronic unit for the Meris optical instrument on board the Envisat satellite.
- In 1998, the company became a subsidiary of the Alcatel group and came to be known as Alcatel Space Switzerland. Benefitting from a "common process" approach, it got involved in its first space telecommunication program.
- In 2003, we became Syderal, an independent SME, after a successful management buy-out. High level technological services were now directly offered by Syderal.
- In 2004, Syderal is awarded the contract for the development of the Instrument Controller of the first wind LIDAR named ALADIN
- In 2005, Syderal entered the space telecom market with its first recurring product through medium-size serial production.
- In 2007, Syderal began the development of the first complete Mass Memory with major technical and industrial challenges successfully completed.
- In 2012, Syderal started its participation in a mission to Mars, with a 25-months flight model delivery starting from scratch
Now, more than a decade after the MBO, in 2015, Syderal continues to offer high quality technological services and hopes to serve your needs with our customised hardware and software electronic solutions.